Monday, March 26, 2012

Last Transfer!

Hello!! Okay… this week… it’s going to be short.
1. We had an AWESOME sisters meeting with all the sisters in the mission. We discussed 1 Nephi 8 and how it applied to the doctrine of Christ and our purpose as missionaries. That was the big thing. I LOVE being apart of meetings like that. As a council. I think that’s why I love zone leader council so much too.
2. We were able to meet with a less active, Ana this week. She said she really wants to come back to church and be involved. Her daughter that is 15 is not super into it but they were both excited to see that we were sisters and not elders.
3. We are doing service at the Arboretum in Arcadia now. We do work in the Rose garden. It is SOO pretty! Mom. You would be jealous. I have never actually been in and walked around the garden but it is beautiful what I have seen.
4. We contacted this lady who was gardening at her house this week who wasn’t interested but we gave her our card and told her if she needed help with anything or changed her mind to les us know. Then we went on our way to the next house. Didn’t think too much of it. We walked by again to go back to our car and she was still outside. We walked by and said bye to her again and then she goes, "I don’t usually do this but I feel like I should tell you that you two glow with the love of God. I can just look at you and you glow. I have only ever met 5 other people like that in my life. I just had to tell you." She walked away but we were both just in shock. We will be visiting her again lol
5. We were in charge of activity days this week. A lot of the girls tell us how cool we are because we are missionaries and how they want to go on a mission. Of course we told them they should. And our activity was missionary minded. Some even came up to me on Sunday and told me how they talked to some of their friends! LOVE IT!!
6. We have been doing these booths every Friday and we finally met someone! Her name is Sarah. She is new to the area and she set up a tour of the chapel for this week. She said she is trying to find a church that is closer to her. She seems like she is in a humble place right now.
7. Yesterday I had the missionary moment in church and shared a moment that HOPEFULLY will light a fire under some member’s bums. A lot came up to me afterwards and thanked me for it. We shall see the effects soon
8. Transfer calls!!! We didn’t get one. BUT we will now be taking over the Duarte ward too. President said that elders have worn out their welcome there and it needs sisters. Shall be fun training and covering two new areas lol Lord must trust me or something:]
9. Favorite scripture this week is 3 Nephi 17:3 it is ALL about action, 5 actually. We must go, ponder, ask, prepare and come. I love it. Everything we need is right there. We just need to go do it now.

Love you all!!

Sister Arbogast

No comments:

Post a Comment