Monday, April 2, 2012

More Pictures than Words!

Well the week was BUSY!! And I loved it!!
1. The bishop in our new ward is great! We met with him on Monday and had a really good talk about the area. Then on Sunday he invited us to dinner with 2 part member families. We were able to get to know them and hopefully get in to teach them. One of the families, the Velts were really great. She is a member and he isn’t. During our lesson though we was nodding the whole time and really into it. We shall see.
2. I have officially had the worst meal in my WHOLE mission this week… lamb soup aka rubber and vegetables. I have had lamb on the mission before and it was AMAZING! But this time well let’s just say we both were so sick afterwards.
3. We went to visit a girl Sarai who we have seen at church twice now. We met her mom who is not active but Sarai wants to be active and wants to now serve a mission. She is AMAZING! We watched conference with her on Sunday and she was talking notes and really into it. She is simply great!
4. I was prayed for in one of our lessons with an older lady as "Sister Bronzenic" this week… tried my best not to laugh when she was praying. It didn’t help that my companion was snickering though.
5. We met with the Smallwood family. There are 2 girls in the family who are not members. Apparently they didn’t get along with the previous missionaries. But the older one and Sister Butler got along great! Lots in common! This lesson was a little bit of a get to know you lesson but next week we are planning on figuring out why they weren’t baptized with their mom and other sister. I think they trust us so it should be good.
6. Paula is SUPER excited to go to the temple and do baptisms We had an awesome lesson on all the blessing that can come from going for ourselves and others we love.
7. Conference was AMAZING!!! I loved the theme of families in EVERYTHING I felt like. I think one of my favorites though was President Utchdorf when he was talking about judging others and to just "Stop It" He also said that when we judge others we condem ourselves. And that the merciful will attain mercy. I loved it.
8. Favorite scripture this week is 3 Nephi 19:35. The idea of missing out on miracles because of our own selfishness or unbelief is so sad to me.

Love you all!!

Sister Arbogast

No comments:

Post a Comment