Monday, March 19, 2012

Adventures!

Well here I am again and here are my adventures from the past week!

1. Last Monday we had a zone activity and we played capture the flag. My team won best of 5, no big deal :D
2. Paula is AMAZING! She not a morning person but she has been going to seminary for the past three weeks now and LOVES it!  When we went over this week for a lesson we asked her how her reading was going. She told us all about how she was reading her seminary homework and how she loved being able to go to class and talk about it. She even gave the devotional this past week. We went over the Strength of Youth pamphlet and she LOVED it. She was like, "So many people at my school need this!" We of course proceeded to talk about missionary work and who she knew might want to listen. He even told us how she was with some friends and one said, "Hey, we are all Mormons here." She said that it was finally true. She was Mormon.
3. Chloe was hard to get a hold of this week since they are moving BUT we were able to help her mom Clara a lot with service and have lessons with her. Clara is going through a  lot right now and whenever we talk about the gospel is just makes sense to her. Chloe was so happy to finally be confirmed on Sunday. Both her and Paula’s confirmations were beautiful and had a lot of promises for them. I have tried to be like Denise and write them down for them like she does-Thanks Nee Nee!
4. Went on exchanges with Sister Flemming… LOVE her! She is a really solid girl. She knows who she is and knows why she is here. We have two booths. One at a college and one at a park. Then we had this amazing lesson with this lady who has been less active for years but wants to come back now. She is a great teacher too. She knows how to relate to people which is KEY in missionary work.
5. Chloe and her sister Katie and her mom Clara made fun of my prayer knees this week. I swear people have really noticed this week for some reason. It what I get for praying so much… I’ll take it.
6. Sister Butler and I had a booth here in Monrovia with other elders on Friday. I finally met the Anti guy, Bob. Wow. He does NOT like sister talking to him. It is hilarious. I was trying to contact him and he just stops talking and starts using his phone. I wasn’t trying to bash like he was to the elders when we showed up. So sad.
7. We met with this part member family this week, Suriweics. She comes to church with her son but won’t go to the classes. Just stays in the foyer. She was so nice to us. And we invited her to come to church. Now that we know what she looks like we can invite her to come to Relief Society. She has a testimony… just needs to be nurtured.
8. Favorite scripture this week was 3 Nephi 14: 7-8. Jesus Christ has just come down and the people have been converted. He tells them something we ALWAYS read in the scriptures. Ask, seek and knock. How simple. All action words too. We HAVE to have action and He will guide us. I know that. I have seen it in my life. Before the mission and during and He will after too. We just have to then act on what he tells us.

LOVE YOU ALL!!

Sister Arbogast

No comments:

Post a Comment