Monday, April 30, 2012

My Last Email!

Hello Everyone!!! Well here go the happenings for the last week and next week I will tell you in person :]

• We went and got manicures and pedicures last Monday. Mainly for my birthday and I needed it. Felt SO good!
• We had zone conference this week. The main focus was on getting our investigators to church and helping them realize the blessings and how they can receive revelation there.
• We met with Valerie this week and talked about Lehi’s dream and how we can apply it to the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was SUCH an awesome lesson! You could tell that she felt the spirit and she came to church again this Sunday. I fell like she is really getting comfortable at church.
• Went on exchanges with Sister Davidson this week. She is a super hard worker and really nice girl! We checked on a lot of people.
• Also went on exchanges with Sister Mello. We got to help with Mormon Helping Hands. Wow. We helped clean this neighborhood that the majority of houses were breaking so sort of city code. It was hard work but one lady let us in and was talking to us about how her brother was Mormon and he has missionaries over all the time. It was a REALLY good way to get the church’s name out there.
• Darlene and Robin are our two new investigators. We had met with them before but this time we were able to have an AWESOME lesson about how God is our Heavenly Father. At first Robin (the daughter) was very closed off and just sitting there. I got the impression that she was frustrated that her mom might buy it to what we were saying the first time we met. But this time both of them were both really involved and the spirit was so strong. It was great.
• It was my last Sunday in the Duarte ward since we switch every week and it was great! It was the fullest I have ever seen that ward. Including on Easter lol Maybe all these people we have stopped by and called is really working.
• I went on a Hike this morning… had to wake up at 4 AM BUT it was good. It was really hard but worth it once we got up there. Its called the “A” in Azusa. It was me and Sister Fleming and about 8 other elders lol
• I will be home in Washington in 8 DAYS! This short time has FLOWN by! I can’t believe it. My companion keeps bringing it up to me to watch me squirm I swear. But I have loved being here and grown more than I ever thought I could have. LOVE IT!!
• Favorite scripture for the week…4 Nephi 1:15-17 It is talking about how there was so much peace in the land at the time… verse 15-no contention in the land because of the love of God which did dwell in the hearts of the people. Then in verse 17- they were in one, the children of Christ, and heirs to the kingdom of God. Wouldn’t that be nice? I loved the visual of having “peace in the land”  

LOVE YOU ALL!! And see you soon!
Sister Arbogast

No comments:

Post a Comment